I cant believe Easter bank holiday weekend has come and gone so quickly already and we are officially into the second quarter of 2018!! I hope you all had a great start to Easter with lots of chocolate, roasts and remembering that we have victory over sin through Jesus Christ. 🙂
The long weekend kick-started with celebrations of #JasperBean’s 3rd birthday on Good Friday! Can you believe this little man is THREE already! I can’t believe how time has slipped through our fingers so quickly. I spent alot of the week preparing his dinosaur matcha cream cake with matcha white chocolate dripping and meal for the family, but with all the list making and prepping, I still managed to forget making all the dishes I had on my list! Oops… I guess mummy brain is still in operation!
Saturday and Sunday
Saturday was a bit more relaxed with scooting around Danson Park and catching glimpses of ducks and little park animals. Followed by catching a different kind of animal in the form of Peter Rabbit at the cinema. Although the story and animals were far from the original Beatrix Potter books, there was a nice sentimental touch towards the end of the movie. #JasperBean absolutely loved the experience and to be honest, that’s good enough for me! If you haven’t been to the movies with your little ones yet, here are some of my tips you might find useful!
Sunday saw us going on another round of Easter egg hunting at Quex Park by the coastal town of Birchington, which was also home to the world renowned Powell Cotton Museum of Natural History and Ethnography.
Quex Park really is a great option for a family day out. There is so much to explore…
- Adventure Golf consisting of a 18 hole course.
- Barn and Market with fresh fish, cheese, fruit and vegetables.
- The Secret Garden Centre
- Craft Farm showcasing a diverse range of traditional and contemporary crafters.
- Jungle Jims indoor soft play and outdoor adventure centre.
- Powell-Cotton Museum allows you to explore the house, gardens and their extensive natural historycollection. You will also be able to handle some of the objects found in the galleries at The Cube.
- Build a Base indoor laser and Nerf Combat area has giant legos for you to build your defense fort!
- Activity Centre for older kids and adults where they can get their hands on paintballing, Lazer Rush, Airsoft and/or Tomahawk Throwing.
- During the summer months, the Maize Maze will also be open.
After all those activities, if you’re feeling a bit empty, head over to Mama Feelgoods Boutique Cafe for breakfast/lunch or afternoon tea!
*Admission fees apply, please enquire here for more information.
All good things must come to an end, but usually with food
Our long weekend ended with a round of friends from afar enjoying some yummy food and chit chat. I couldn’t have asked for a better break from the hustle and bustle of London life.
So this was our long Easter weekend break! What did you get up to?
Thanks for reading and until next time…
Love, MsMamaBean x
Follow me on Instagram for more of our shenanigans!